Share

Maksud Khan, 35, felt sick to his stomach. This wasn't your standard tummy ache though, it had been upset for more than a year. Finally, it got so bad that he decided a trip to the hospital was in order. What doctors found shocked them. Khan had 15 pounds of metal objects in his stomach!

Do you have one of those jars on your dresser that when you come home and empty your pockets, all the loose change goes into? After a few months (or years) you take the jar and dump it all into one of those machines at the supermarket and get what feels like free money, right? Maybe you had that little robot-looking thing that "ate" the coins when you were a kid.

Khan, a rickshaw driver from the city of Satna, in central India, apparently didn't have one of those jars. Instead, he just swallowed the tips he got from his customers. Coins were only part of it though.

By the doctors' count, there were 263 coins, 100 nails, a few dozen razor blades, a rusty shackle, and some pieces of glass. This guy was like a circus sideshow from the 1920s or something, except he wasn't getting paid, he was just eating nails. And glass. And razor blades.

Doctors are used to people accidentally swallow the occasional foreign object. Kids do it all the time, usually, the item passes naturally or, on occasion, minor surgery is required. It's all quite routine. This was not. The contents of his stomach boggled the doctors' minds.

Khan's family told doctors that he had been depressed and Khan did not tell his family what he had been snacking on. It's safe to say there was something wrong. Sure, eating one coin might be a dare or even a curiosity. 263 coins? Buy a piggy bank! There are better places to store your money! 100 nails? Somewhere a house may be collapsing! And razor blades are for shaving, not eating, we can't stress this enough. If a person is eating what they should be shaving and building with, it's a good guess that that person is not all together at the moment. There were more than just the mental problems and depression though,

You see, it turns out, eating nails can cause some serious problems to your insides. For more than a year, as Khan complained about this stomach, the nails were digging into his stomach and causing hemorrhages. Khan was bleeding internally and it's a good thing he went to the hospital when he did, he might not have made it much longer.

Doctors at the hospital performed surgery on the man to remove the foreign objects and sew him up. He is expected to recover fully. Hopefully, he'll stop eating his tips.

Mick Jagger's Great Grandchild Is More Than 2 Years Older Than His Youngest Child new by Briana Saunders Mick Jagger's Great Grandchild Is More Than 2 Years Older Than His Youngest Child Read More
The Majority Of Canada's Population Lives South Of Seattle new by Briana Saunders The Majority Of Canada's Population Lives South Of Seattle Read More
Oxford University Is Older Than The Aztec Civilization new by Briana Saunders Oxford University Is Older Than The Aztec Civilization Read More

Latest Articles

Swedish Christmas Goat Gets Burned By Vandals Almost Every Year, Town Takes Extra Precautions This Year Swedish Christmas Goat Gets Burned By Vandals Almost Every Year, Town Takes Extra Precautions This Year
In Canada There Is An Island-In-A-Lake-On-An-Island-In-A-Lake-On-An-Island In Canada There Is An Island-In-A-Lake-On-An-Island-In-A-Lake-On-An-Island

Brainjet is devoted to providing you with all of the craziest, most eye-opening, and overall most interesting information out there.

Holding Your Car Remote To Your Head Increases Its Range Random Jet